[IDV #SNY-273457]: IDV and subsurface ocean data

> Is IDV capable of displaying subsurface ocean data in grib2 format in 2D
> and/or 3D?
>
> Thanks, Charlie Paxton

Greetings Charlie,

The IDV should be able to display the data as long as it can understand the
coordinate system variables in the grib2 file. Have you tried to open the data
from within the IDV? If you get errors while trying to read the data, please
let me know what they say. At that point, it may be helpful if I have a sample
file to work with on this end (are the data publicly accessible?).

Cheers!

Sean

Ticket ID: SNY-273457