[IDV #ILT-566886]: vertical profiles with depth, not altitude

> Yuan,
>
> Yes, this is a temp/salinity profile.  There are thousands and thousands of
> these at the GTSPP program website.  I had thought this was a very plain
> vanilla NC format.  I have plotted the file in IDV as a vertical line in
> space (going up not down), and with the graphing routine as an XY profile.
>
> I might be nuts, but I can't see how a local ncml file can apply to a remote
> file on a THREDDS or OPENDAP server.  Where would you place it so IDV can
> "see" it and apply it to the NC file in question?  And if local placement of
> the NC file is required, then how could I handle dozens or hundreds of
> files?  Write ncml for each one?
>
> Murray

Murray,
     Yes, you can load this data to the IDV as a grid dataset, and if you do
the volume rendering, you can see all 19 points under the surface.
     I thought you probably want to see this as a profiler dataset, and you
need to follow the CF convention:

https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/PointObservationConventions

Yuan

Ticket ID: ILT-566886