[IDV #ZPQ-691518]: IDV (registration and use)

Greetings Luis!

Your short courses sound like they will be a lot of fun - what a great thing to
do for your students! There should be no problem having your students register
with us to get the IDV :-) The only recommendation I would have is to please
feel free to use some of our documentation

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/toc.html#index.html

and training materials

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/

Also, if you have any feedback regarding the use of the IDV once your courses
are complete, we'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks for contacting us, and best wishes!

Sean

> Dear  IDV  representative,
> I am planning to offer a couple of short courses (lasting one day) for
> undergraduate and graduate
> students and the goal is to train them on several aspects of tropical
> cyclone monitoring.
> Basically, display (GOES) satellite imagery, numerical models, ATCF tracks and
> forecasts, etc.
>
> I am planning to use IDV and have interactive sessions with the
> students. Therefore, they
> would register with Unidata and download the most recent version of
> the software.
> Students are from public universities and in one course there are
> about 12 students
> while in another course I expect to have 20-30 students. Do you see a problem
> if
> most or all of them register and their the corresponding IDV installers?
>
> Please let me know; feel free to send me your comments and recommendations.
>
> Thanks,
> Luis M FarfÃn
> CICESE, Mexico.

Ticket ID: ZPQ-691518