[IDV #DEQ-350906]: infinite loop in MapProjectionDisplay (and an easy fix)!

Hi Jon,

Thanks for sleuthing this down. I propose that your bug fix be the first github
pull request.

The switchover to git will be happening imminently, hopefully at the end of
this week or beginning of next.

-Julien

> Hi everyone!
>

> Anyway, there seems to be a loop when using a MapProjectionDisplayJ3D
> initialized with MapProjectionDisplay.MODE_2Din3D. The underlying cause is
> that the MapProjectionDisplay doesn't have a "zMap" value (~line 426) and
> makeLatLonScales passes the array "{ 0.0, 0.0 }" to updateLatLonScale as the
> maxmin param.
>
> This eventually causes "majorTickSpacing" to be initialized to 0.0...and
> since that is used to advance through the for-loop…! Anyways, I was able to
> fix things by simply skipping the loop if majorTickSpacing is 0.0.
>
> Jon
>
> PS: I'm nearly done wrangling mcidasv.ssec.wisc.edu into existence--it just
> needs the SSL cert and a working email address. ETA: Monday; apologies for
> the delay.

Ticket ID: DEQ-350906
Department: Support IDV