[IDV #KUQ-901777]: Wind-Barb Cross Section vs. 3D Vector Cross Section

> Full Name: Stefan Cecelski
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_29 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> I have a question about the difference between the Wind Barb Cross Section
> and 3D Vector Cross Section. If I edit the 3D vector calculation to allow for
> the calculations to be plotted as a wind barb cross section instead of a 3D
> vector cross section, will it plot the same exact data with barbs instead of
> vectors? Or will the wind speed calculation be off (ie. missing the w
> component)? I would like to plot the 3D vectors created as a "3D Wind Barb
> Cross Section" rather than a "3D Vector Cross Section" so I can also depict
> wind speed (via the barbs). Thanks in advance!
>
> V/R,
>
> Stefan

Stefan,
      As far as I know, they should be the same. 3D vector cross section is
categorized for the dataset with u, c, and w. But the vertical cross section
can only display north, south, east, and west direction. So, the w component
can not be displayed here.

Yuan

Ticket ID: KUQ-901777