[IDV #BNC-403767]: issue in plugin color tables when changing display unit

Hi Ghansham-

> I have some color tables that I have created as plugins.
> I am attaching the XML.
>
> I was just going through my plugin and I observed a strange thing.
> For testing purpose, I used sample_eta_grid.nc from workshop data.
> I displayed 2D grid->pressure at surface.
> And I applied INSAT->SST from the xml.
> And then I changed unit from hPa to Pa.
> But the displayed image I believe is not correct. But it changes to
> corrected when I change the texture quality.
>
> I dont know if its the problem with my colortable.xml or something else.
>
> Can somebody point out if thats an issue with the xml.

This is a known issue with color shaded displays.  See:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Bugs.html#color_unit

I believe it is something down in VisAD where the event is not getting fired to
update the display, but have never delved into it.

Don

Ticket ID: BNC-403767
Department: Support IDV