[IDV #IRZ-510849]: load an EOS-HDF (ASTER Swath data) using java-netcdf in the IDV

> Dear support,
>
> I'm trying to load a EOS-HDF (ASTER Swath data) using java-netcdf in the
> IDV (see jython script below). I'm getting the following error on
> display-type "Color-Shaded Plan View":
>
> visad.VisADException: bad set visad.Gridded2DSet: Dimension = 2 Length = 121
> Dimension 0: Length = 11 Range = -2.48425 to -1.5074538
> Dimension 1: Length = 11 Range = 38.52344 to 39.19869
>
> I don't think the Java parser is choking on an alias or anything, but the
> problem is more likely to be this:
> http://hdfeos.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-79.html. Do you know if your new
> opendap stuff will work on it? any quick fixes you can suggest?
>
> I have placed the HDF-file here:
> http://www.itc.nl/personal/venus/tmp/AST_L1B_00307182004110047_08122004112525.hdf
>
> Tyn

Hi Tyn,
      The problem is that the CDM library can not recognize the coordinate
system of this file. The CDM library do support a few swath satellite data
formats, but not in the hdfeos.  I am forward this support to netcdf group to
see if they have any suggestion.

Yuan

Ticket ID: IRZ-510849
Department: Support netCDF Java