[IDV #ARY-912339]: print surface synoptics

Greetings!

I'm not sure that the resolution is the issue, but rather size of the area you
wish to print compared to the size of each station layout. The scale and
declutter settings can help improve the readability of the map, so you may want
to try playing with those settings. From the IDV Dashboard, click on the
Displays tab and look for your synops and ship observations. Once you click on
the appropriate View, you should be able to see the Declutter and Scale options
on the Layout tab.

Also, from the same tab (Layout), you could edit the layout model to use a
different font and font size. There is a drop down box to the right of "Layout
Model" - if you click there and select edit, you will be able to select
individual parts of the layout, and by right-clicking each part and selecting
properties, you can edit the font size and font type. There is a lot you can do
in the layout editor - feel free to check out

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/StationModelEditor.html

for more info. I hope that helps!

Cheers!

Sean

> Good Day Support,
>
> We at BMT Argoss are using the IDV software for displaying our model data and
> observations, and in general this software works very good for us.
>
> We would now like to make a print of the synops and ship observations in
> order to draw an analysis chart, but unfortunately we are not getting
> satisfying results. We use: view-capture-image and set quality to high. We
> save it as a .ps file because it has proven to give the best result so far.
> The result is attached, and as you can see (if you print this document on A3)
> it is very hard to read the chart because the resolution is low. I have two
> questions:
>
> 1) Is there a possibility in IDV to print the synops and make an analysis
> chart with sufficient resolution?
> 2) If not, is there a software package that you can recommend that can do
> this?
>
> Thank you in advance for your reply.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joris de Vroom