[Support #OOD-935953]: Right-clicking on chart produced by data probe/time series gives a different menu in Windows than other operating systems. [1001]

> Hi guys!
>
> I sent this a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen a response. Julien did
> some initial work to get these menus working, but our testers didn't
> think it was still working quite right. Have you had a chance to look
> into it again?
>
> Thanks!
> Becky
>
> On 9/7/2011 1:36 PM, McIDAS Help Desk wrote:
> >
> > Have you had the chance to look into simplifying this, so that there
> > is only one menu shown to the user?
> >

> > On 8/24/2011 1:41 PM, McIDAS Help Desk wrote:
> >> Hello -
> >>
> >> I tested this in the IDV nightly this morning (dated 8/24), and you
> >> can now access both of the menus outside of Windows (I tested this on
> >> a Mac). However, I don’t think that this is working 100% correctly
> >> yet. I don’t see the need to have two different menus, one when
> >> holding down the right mouse button, and one when releasing it. I
> >> think the only one that is needed is the menu you see when you
> >> release the mouse button.
> >>
> >> Would it be difficult to completely remove the mouse down menu
> >> options, and replace them with the mouse up menu? Then you would only
> >> have one action on the mouse click and it would behave like other
> >> right-clicks elsewhere in the UI.
> >>
> >> If you did that, the only thing that would need to be added back in
> >> would be the Properties option from the mouse down. The two
> >> Properties options are confusing as they are now. On mouse down,
> >> Properties means the Data Probe Properties, which are really the
> >> properties of the Axis Lines. On mouse up, Properties means the Chart
> >> Properties, which are really the properties of the Labels.
> >>
> >> Maybe the mouse down could look like this?
> >>
> >> Properties
> >> ->Axis Lines
> >> ->Labels
> >> Copy
> >> Save As
> >> Print
> >> Zoom In ->
> >> Zoom Out ->
> >> Auto Range ->
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> - Bob Carp

I think two popup menus not a good design here, we should only have one popup
menu existed.
We should somehow combine these two menu, and have better naming for the
properties item.

Yuan

Ticket ID: OOD-935953
Department: Support IDV