[IDV #STA-383999]: Adding Data Sources to IDV

> Dear Yuan:
> This data is primarily collected from a site (station data). There are
> a number of instruments that output data in similar format.  There is
> a file for each day. Other examples of this data would be at
> www.arm.gov.  What I am hoping to be able to do is plot  'time'  vs
> other 1-D variable, such as the "diffuse_hemisp_narrowband_filter2"
> or any other 1-D variable.  I would like to use IDV for a first cut
> analysis of the data as it comes in each day.  Thanks for any help.
> Rao
> Rao Kotamarthi                                                        (ph):
> 630-252-7164(W)
> Climate Research Section                              (fax): 630-252-2959
> Environmental Science Division                        email: address@hidden
> Argonne National Laboratory

Thanks for these information, it is very helpful to understand how the data
should be constructed.
In our CDM (common data model) point feature type, this is a single timeseries.
However, you need to modify your dataset to let our data model recognize this
dataset. I use ncml to modify your dataset, ncml is basically a xml file. You
can view this ncml file to understand how the lat/lon/alt and attribute being
modified. Attached is a ncml file you can reference, you can modify this ncml
file to point to the dataset you want to display, and put it in the same
location. In the IDV, select data source type as "netCDF/GEMPAK point data",
and load it into the IDV. The ncml file is for your reference to modify your nc
file, if you have any question, please let me know.

Yuan

Ticket ID: STA-383999
Department: Support IDV