[IDV #TZQ-924803]: Radar multi PPI (Volume scan data) in netCDF (.nc) could not be opened using IDV

> Dear Dr.Yuan,
>
> How are you?
>
> A few days elapsed since our last dialogue.
>
> AS assured by you, we hope your group will be able to release  the new
> version of  IDV with the time:unit issue resolved.
>
> Meanwhile I could figure out  that IDV expects the time unit to be
> milliseconds and (not seconds) with reference to the epoch time also in
> milliseconds.
>
> Also I observe a small  bug in the display as detailed below:
>
> 2D and 3D images generated from our data displays  fine. But Volume and
> volume isosurface generated from the same set of data depicts one ray missing
> towards north.  I am attaching the .nc file for your analysis.

I already have the time unit changed ready, but we are waiting for another bug
fix that is related to the remote accessing of the radar dataset, I am still
expecting sometime this week for the 3.0 update release.

I will check the attached dataset soon.

Yuan

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> S B Thampi
>

> On Sep 22, 2011, at 4:16 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> >> Dear Mr.Yuan,
> >> Thank you for the clarification.
> >> Can I use the  CF/radial convention variable time_reference instead of
> >> base_time.  I am afraid as base_time is not in the CF/Radial main or sub
> >> convention will there  be any compatibility issue.  If time permits can
> >> please suggest with a small code example in cdl format  on how to
> >> interface base_time into my  code. Thanks in advance.
> >>

> > Mr. Thampi,
> >    I have the time problem fixed, still use the base_time, but you don't
> > need to do anything. We are going to have another release soon.
> >
> >> Also I would like to have some sub convention on scan_parameters like
> >> SQI, Log-threshold, Clutter to signal ration etc. .  Now while translating
> >> from Rainbow, I cant carry these parameters to the new format.  Please add
> >> a sub-convention on  data acquisition settings. I mean a set of
> >> scan_parameters like radar_parameters, calib_parameters etc.
> >>

> > You can submit your suggestion to CF Radial group, I think they have a link
> > in the web page.
> >

> > Yuan
> >> Regards
> >> S B Thampi