[IDV #TEH-282453]: Open-source geoscience software initiative helps to produce global map of coral exposure to stress

> Dear IDV-developers,
>
> I just wanted to let you know the news below. A big thank you for producing
> such wonderful software that helped to make this work possible.
>
> Cheers, Tyn and Joseph

Hi Tyn and Joseph,

      Thank you for sharing your work with us. I think the IDV community would
love to see many examples like this in the education and  advance research
field.

Yuan

> A new map shows the worldâs corals and their exposure to environmental
> pressures such as high temperatures, ultraviolet radiation and nutrient
> pollution with few mitigating factors such as temperature variability or
> large tidal amplitude. Mapping reef stress could help to focus conservation
> efforts on regions where they are most likely to succeed, and to design
> effective management strategies.
> [https://s-external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQBaaUgkYcb4jKcG&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.itc.nl%2Fimages%2Fnews%2F2011%2Fseptember%2FRadiation_stress_example_SST.gif]<http://www.itc.nl/Pub/News/in2011/Sept/Global-map-of-coral-exposure-to-stress.html>
> ITC - Global map of coral exposure to
> stress<http://www.itc.nl/Pub/News/in2011/Sept/Global-map-of-coral-exposure-to-stress.html>
> www.itc.nl<http://www.itc.nl/>
>

> ________________________________
> Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
> University of Twente
> Chamber of Commerce: 501305360000
>
> E-mail disclaimer
> The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for
> the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to
> the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and
> inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or
> omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a
> result of e-mail transmission.

Ticket ID: TEH-282453