[IDV #XAV-464552]: About authentication in IDV

> Hi IDV Support,
> Actually it is not a IDV program bug.
> I just wonder does the IDV supporting basic authentication feature?
> Since it gives CredentialsNotAvailableException error in the code.
> I use other clients tool like Panoply and EDC.
> Panoply: http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/panoply/
> EDC: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/products/EDC/
> They have a pop-up window to enter my username and password.
>
> Thanks,
> Kin

Hi Kin,
   The IDV used to support some sort of authentication through the CDM library,
but commented it out after CDM library switching to httpclient 3.0. It would be
helpful if you can provide a temporary account, so we can figure out how much
works need to finish to bring back this support.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XAV-464552
Department: Support IDV