[IDV #CHA-486849]: Layer Average

> Full Name: Stefan Cecelski
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_24 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi All,
>
> Just trying to do a simple Layer Average of Relative Humidity between 600hPa
> and 900hPa but keep getting this error:
>
> Creating display: Color-Shaded Plan View
> TypeError: createLayerAverage(): 2nd arg can't be coerced to String, double
> org.python.core.PyException
>
> Not sure what I am doing wrong; I have tried doing it between model pressure
> levels as well as model heights. Thanks in advance!
>
> V/R,
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

        I am not clear how you did the layer average. There is a system
function named layerAverage(grid, top, bottom), to call this function, you can
select, Formula > Grids > Define a grid diagnostic, and select color-shaded
plan view, and click create display, a window popup, enter layerAverage(grid,
600, 900), and then another window popup, select the relative humidity. It
should work. Otherwise, let me know.

Yuan
> Stack trace:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "<string>", line 89, in layerAverage
> TypeError: createLayerAverage(): 2nd arg can't be coerced to String, double

Ticket ID: CHA-486849