[IDV #CXU-141885]: Data Auto-Update

Stefan,

More below.

> Full Name: Stefan Cecelski
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_24 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi all,
>
> Is there any data auto-update feature in IDV? It would be nice if IDV could
> 'ping' the data server every so often to check if new data is available. This
> is especially true for radar data, in which new images come out every 5
> minutes. Right now, I have to manually reload the data every five minutes to
> get the latest radar image. A useful feature to have would be to have a
> preference in which the user tells IDV to ping the server every 'X' # of
> minutes for a specific data set that is open.

Yes, this is already available. Look in the Data Source, Properties menu
(right-click the data source in the Field Selector). There you will find
options for updating the radar data. In general, this is a very useful menu for
all Data Sources.

> Another suggestion I have is with regards to color tables. Can you make an
> option that a color table will automatically show up on the image? Right now,
> you have to go through properties to turn the color table 'on' to be visible.
> Maybe you can make it an option in the view tab under the preferences menu,
> similar to how the display list defaults are listed?

We will have to review your color table suggestion and see where it can fit
given limited time and resources.

-The IDV Development Team

PS We still have spaces available for the IDV workshop. :-) Contact Tina,
address@hidden.

Ticket ID: CXU-141885
Department: Support IDV