[IDV #RRY-920519]: [?] Visible Satellite Data, WEST-CONUS 1km not working?

Hi Dave,

Yuan and I chatted about this this morning and we have some suggestions.

First, this is a memory and CPU intensive data set. We suggest you subset the
data first via the data source properties (Field Selector tab, right click on
the satellite data source, select "Properties"). There you can spatially subset
the data before rendering.

Secondly, make sure the field you are rendering is the "Color Shaded Plan View".

Let us know how it goes.

-Julien

> Full Name: Dave Linder
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_24 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Folks,
>
> When I try to display the WEST-CONUS 1 km visible satellite data (in gini
> format) from either the Unidata LEAD or Unidata THREDDS IDD server all I get
> is an image of noise.  Other visible data sets work, but not this one.  Is
> there a problem with this particular data set?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- d

Ticket ID: RRY-920519
Department: Support IDV