[Support #XCS-324606]: Point data wind barbs differ between map display and plot in layer controls [1048]

> ----==== Inquiry ====----
> 1048
>
> ----==== Summary ====----
> Point data wind barbs differ between map display and plot in layer controls
>
> ----==== Request ====----
> 2011-05-23 - Erik Gould
> The wind barbs from synoptic point data differ in the map window and the plot
> under the layer control tabs.  In the map display, the wind barbs are showing
> 15 knots, and in the plot under layer controls, the wind barbs are showing 10
> knots.  The speed of the wind reported in the chart is 6.6 m/s.  This is
> roughly 13.5 knots, between what both displays are showing.  The data I was
> using when I found this is from adde.cise-nsf.gov.  The dataset is RTPTSRC
> and the point type is SYNOPTIC-Real-Time SYNOPTIC data.  I am using the
> 2011-05-23 12:00:00Z data.  The station I selected is KALO in northeastern
> Iowa.

> http://dcdbs.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/index.php?inquiry=1048

This may related to the unit of wind speed in display, I am not very clear
about the "plot under layer control", this is McV term, please provide some
details information.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XCS-324606