[IDV #HVM-824674]: Trying to open a file

Hi John.

Oops, I hit the send button too soon before.

The problem is that the IDV cannot connect to http://opendap.bom.gov.au:8080

Do you have a contact at BOM to find out what the right URL is? Or perhaps
their server is down and they need to be notified of the problem.

Thanks.

-Julien

> > Full Name: John Abbot
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 2.9u3 build date:2011-01-14 00:05 UTC
> > Operating System: Windows 7
> > Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6 version: 1.6.0_24
> > j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> > Description of problem: Error opening
> > url:http://opendap.bom.gov.au:8080/thredds/bmrc-poama-catalog.html
> > http://opendap.bom.gov.au:8080/thredds/bmrc-poama-catalog.html
> > Server returned HTTP response code: 505 for URL:
> > http://opendap.bom.gov.au:8080/thredds/bmrc-poama-catalog.html
> > http://opendap.bom.gov.au:8080/thredds/bmrc-poama-catalog.html
> >
> > I have recently downloaded the viewer and want to display the information
> > in files from the Australia Bureau of Meteorology POAMA
> > website.  I get an error message as above and am not sure how to progress.
> >
> > ******************
> > Stack trace:
> > java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 505 for URL:
> > http://opendap.bom.gov.au:8080/thredds/bmrc-poama-catalog.html
> > http://opendap.bom.gov.au:8080/thredds/bmrc-poama-catalog.html
> > at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
> > at javax.swing.JEditorPane.getStream(Unknown Source)
> > at javax.swing.JEditorPane.setPage(Unknown Source)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.TextDisplayControl.processUrl(TextDisplayControl.java:1184)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.TextDisplayControl.processUrl(TextDisplayControl.java:1072)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.TextDisplayControl.doMakeContents(TextDisplayControl.java:489)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.doMakeWindow(DisplayControlImpl.java:4141)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1053)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:986)
> > at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:911)
> > at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$3.run(Misc.java:1091)

Ticket ID: HVM-824674
Department: Support IDV