[IDV #RJN-928267]: IDV does gives error when subsetting display area in UBUNTU

> Full Name: Francisco Ferri
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/paco/IDV_2.9u3/jre version: 1.6.0_20 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Creating display: Color-Shaded Plan View
> Invalid range:ucar.ma2.InvalidRangeException: Request Bounding box does not
> intersect Grid
>
> This error occurs sistematicly under UBUNTU 10.19, IT does not occur when I
> run IDV under windows with the same dataset. Besides, the default background
> maps allways appear full of errors in the northern hemisphere.
>
> Thanks for your attention, best regards.
>
> Paco Ferri

Hi Paco,
      The background maps issue is somehow related to the graphic card in this
machine, and the fix of it is to install a plugin: Tools > Plugin Manager > Bug
Fixes  and add "Spurious Map Lines...".
      The Invalid Range exception is not very clear to me, I would like to know
where do you do the subset, and if possible upload a sample file here:

Thanks,

Yuan
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
> range:ucar.ma2.InvalidRangeException: Request Bounding box does not intersect
> Grid
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.makeGeoGridAdapter(GeoGridDataSource.java:1550)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.makeFieldImpl(GeoGridDataSource.java:1745)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.GeoGridDataSource.getDataInner(GeoGridDataSource.java:1304)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.getData(DataSourceImpl.java:2238)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DirectDataChoice.getData(DirectDataChoice.java:332)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataChoice.getData(DataChoice.java:637)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:243)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:207)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridDataInstance.init(GridDataInstance.java:200)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridDataInstance.<init>(GridDataInstance.java:157)
> at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridDataInstance.<init>(GridDataInstance.java:138)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.PlanViewControl.doMakeDataInstance(PlanViewControl.java:1379)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.initializeDataInstance(DisplayControlImpl.java:3084)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.setData(DisplayControlImpl.java:3066)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.PlanViewControl.setData(PlanViewControl.java:588)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.PlanViewControl.init(PlanViewControl.java:439)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1333)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1034)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:986)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:911)

Ticket ID: RJN-928267