[IDV #YBQ-374303]: some features do not work on macbook

> Full Name: Joris de Vroom
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_24 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hello, I am using IDV on a macbook pro (processor 2.7
> GHz , memory 8 GB 1333 MHz) and there are some features that do not work.
>
> 1) Default editor: when I right-click on a paramter in the default editor and
> choose "edit", nothing happens i.e. the editor does not start. As a result I
> am unable to edit the default parameter settings.

Hmmm... I cannot reproduce this bug. When I choose "Edit settings" on my mac, I
get a "Parameter Defaults" dialog. Are you sure the "Parameter Defaults" dialog
is not hidden behind another window? Also, what happens when you double-click
on the row?

> 2) When a model field is displayd, I want to choose a colour table. I choose
> "colour table" in the Display menu, and nothing happens.

What do you mean, nothing happens? On my mac, I am able to do go Dashboard -->
Displays Tab --> Edit --> Color Table --> Edit Color Table

 On my previous machine (windows), a colour table dropdown menu would appear
with various colour tables options (edit/change range/use
default/transparancy/Dimmer/basic/radar/satellite/misc./Solid/), but not
anymore.

On my mac, I have no problems with this functionality.

 The "Contour" button on top does work properly.

In what way does it not work properly?

> 3) If I choose tools - colour table editor nothing happens. On my previous
> machine a colour table editor would appear.

I cannot reproduce this error, nor any of the errors described above.

-Julien

> If you could help me with this I would be most grateful.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Joris de Vroom

Ticket ID: YBQ-374303
Department: Support IDV