[IDV #FDK-698636]: IDV v. Panoply OPeNDAP access

> >> I have tried IDV 2.9u3 vs. McIDAS-V 1.01 with
> >> URLhttp://disc1.gsfc.nasa.gov/opendap/Aqua_MODIS_Level3/MYD08_D3.051/2011/MYD08_D3.A2011001.051.2011005093254.pscs_000500527176.hdf
> >> several times now, with IDV memory set at 2048 MB and McIDAS-V set at 1024
> >> MB.  Every time, McIDAS-V inventories the MODIS file in 20-30 seconds
> >> (about the same as Panoply), while IDV takes (reliably) 5:30 - 5:45, or
> >> roughly 10 times as long as McIDAS-V.  Yes, I know they are the same
> >> codebase and could not possibly generate such a discrepancy, yet...
> >>

> > It took about 10 to 15 seconds in my machine. I would suggest to increase
> > the memory to 3G and try this to see any improvement.
>
> Sorry, 5:30 (330 sec).

Wow, I don't know what to say, how about I cc this email to a few people to see
how long does it take load this dataset.
Tom, jeff and Don, can you give it a try and let us know the time it takes to
load this dataset in the IDV? I cannot believe there is this much difference
between IDV and McV.

Thanks,
Yuan

> --
> Dr. Christopher Lynnes     NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2    phone: 301-614-5185

Ticket ID: FDK-698636
Department: Support IDV