[IDV #YMM-469144]: WMS display of transparent image produces white background

> No worries, Julien....thanks for the note.  I will see you all next week!
>
> tom

Tom,
     I did some research this issue, the true is that the IDV currently doesn't
turn on the Alpha in the field of the image, but even I modified the code to
turn this on, the result is still the same. It makes me feel that the image is
not opaque. Do you have any other client to verify it?

Yuan
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Unidata IDV Support
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > Thanks for the bug report, and the last one too.
> >
> > Things have been busy around here, so we will try to get to this as soon as
> > possible.
> >
> > -Julien
> >
> >> When I display one of the images from:
> >> <http://wms.ssec.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/wms/data/mapfiles/wxwarn.map&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1>
> >>
> >> I get a white background (see attached). ÂThe WMS server folks here
> >> tell me that they, by default, are sending a transparent image...but
> >> it looks to me like the transparency information is not being handled
> >> correctly for the display....and I don't seem to have any way to
> >> control the color table for the image....
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> tom
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tom Whittaker
> >> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> >> Space Science & Engineering Center (SSEC)
> >> Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS)
> >> 1225 W. Dayton Street
> >> Madison, WIÂ 53706Â USA
> >> ph: +1 608 262 2759
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: YMM-469144
> > Department: Support IDV
> >

> --
> Tom Whittaker
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> Space Science & Engineering Center (SSEC)
> Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS)
> 1225 W. Dayton Street
> Madison, WIÂ 53706Â USA
> ph: +1 608 262 2759

Ticket ID: YMM-469144