[IDV #LTA-507350]: IDV

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Lalitha Venkatramani wrote:

> New Client Reply: IDV
>
> Ok, IDV image looks great. That is the reason I am trying to understand the
> projection.
>
> As I explained in my email,
> minimum lat is 13.8992
>  maximum lat is 65.3821
>  minimum lon is -144.517
>  maximum lon is  41.9596
>
> Rows, columns, xres and yres ( xres and yres in meters)of the lambert
> conformal  projection:480 576 10700 10700
> > Resolution in lambert conformal is 10700 meters. When I display using IDV,
> > I get the image with properties set to 576 X 480 pixels.
>
> If you convert the lambert projection to latlon , FOR THE SAME RESOLUTION
> 10.7 km, Latitude points are roughly,
>
> Latitude spans 52 degrees
> 1 degree is 100 km. so, roughly 520 points for a 10 km resolution
>
> Latitude spans = 103 degrees roughly - s0, 1030 grid points for a 10 km
> resolution.
>
> When I convert the original grib file to projections/predefined/world in IDV
> and display in lat/lon projection.
I see IDV shows 1203 x 918 points and the image looks great.

I did the same convertion as you, but I am not sure how do you
see how many points in the IDV display. What I did is to export the
display image
to the nc file, and then I can tell the same number of points in both
projection.

Yuan

Ticket ID: LTA-507350
Department: Support IDV