[McV #CVQ-190864]: Add parameter name to the output in the Data Readout list (that appears when you middle-click and roam). [959]

Hi again Becky.

Yuan and I are wondering what is the status of this ticket?

Has the user had a chance to try the suggestions below?

It is possible the user encountered a data set where the middle mouse button
has not achieved the desired result of displaying the variable name.

In this case, we will need more information (and an example) about the dataset
in question.

Thanks,

-J

> Sounds good!  I'll get that changed tomorrow.
>
> - Becky
>

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> Hi Becky.
>
> As Yuan mentioned, we do not look at the McV e-support area as much.
>
> IDV support is good, otherwise we may not see a response for a while.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Julien
>

> Hi, Yuan -
>
> If you'd like us to send things like this to support-idv, that's no
> problem for us.  Don and Jeff had created the support-mcv department
> so
> that they could keep our requests separate, but if you'd like us to
> switch back to using support-idv, we can do that.  It's completely up
> to you.
>
> Please confirm that you want this switched, and I'll change the email
> address in our system.
>
> Thanks, Yuan!
> - Becky
>

> Unidata McV Support wrote:
>

> Hi Guys,
>
> Please take a look at this inquiry.  We are hoping that it will not be a
> difficult change and is very high on our list to get fixed.  Let us know what
> you think.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick
>

> Hi Rick,
> If you can submit this kind of support request to the support-idv, it may get
> better response. I simply don't have enough resource to take care McV support
> department in time. I am going to transfer this ticket to IDV department so
> we will not forget this one.
>

> Yuan
>

> ----==== Inquiry ====----
> 959
>
> ----==== Summary ====----
> Add parameter name to the output in the Data Readout list (that appears when
> you middle-click and roam).
>
> ----==== Request ====----
> 2011-01-24 - Barry Roth
> Kris's 19jan2011 3:55pm request from the Feature Requests forum topic
> "variable name in cursor readout":
> (http://dcdbs.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidasv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=751):
>
> my colleague here was getting cursor readout data with apple key - right
> click, the readout data shows the filename, the display type (ie. color
> shaded plan view), and the data value. It omits possibly the most important
> piece of info, the parameter name. When several displays were loaded, it was
> tough to tell which parameter each of the cursor readouts were associated
> with. It would be helpful, especially in the case of NetCDF files, if the
> NetCDF long name were included in the readout info.
>
> (JoleenF agreed with Kris that it's a needed change.)

> http://dcdbs.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/index.php?inquiry=959
>

> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: CVQ-190864
> Department: Support IDV

> [...]