[McV #CVQ-190864]: Add parameter name to the output in the Data Readout list (that appears when you middle-click and roam). [959]

Hello.

I run the IDV on a Mac and get the parameter name via the middle mouse button.
Come to think of it, I am not sure a stock Apple mouse has a middle mouse
button, if that is what you have. You may have to experiment with Shift /
Option / Command / etc. click to get the effect of a middle mouse button.

Try experimenting and keep us up to date on your progress.

Thanks.

-Julien

PS I am also having a bit of trouble understanding the original problem; this
ticket seems to have passed through a few hands. If this does not resolve the
issue, please have the original user submit a ticket to address@hidden Thanks
again.

> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Please take a look at this inquiry.  We are hoping that it will not be a
> > difficult change and is very high on our list to get fixed.  Let us know
> > what you think.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rick
>
> Hi Rick,
> If you can submit this kind of support request to the support-idv, it may get
> better response. I simply don't have enough resource to take care McV support
> department in time. I am going to transfer this ticket to IDV department so
> we will not forget this one.
>

> Yuan
> >
> > ----==== Inquiry ====----
> > 959
> >
> > ----==== Summary ====----
> > Add parameter name to the output in the Data Readout list (that appears
> > when you middle-click and roam).
> >
> > ----==== Request ====----
> > 2011-01-24 - Barry Roth
> > Kris's 19jan2011 3:55pm request from the Feature Requests forum topic
> > "variable name in cursor readout":
> > (http://dcdbs.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidasv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=751):
> >
> > my colleague here was getting cursor readout data with apple key - right
> > click, the readout data shows the filename, the display type (ie. color
> > shaded plan view), and the data value. It omits possibly the most important
> > piece of info, the parameter name. When several displays were loaded, it
> > was tough to tell which parameter each of the cursor readouts were
> > associated with. It would be helpful, especially in the case of NetCDF
> > files, if the NetCDF long name were included in the readout info.
> >
> > (JoleenF agreed with Kris that it's a needed change.)

> > http://dcdbs.ssec.wisc.edu/inquiry-v/index.php?inquiry=959

Ticket ID: CVQ-190864