[IDV #CPN-830214]: dispalying full volume scans in IDV

> Hi Ernest.
>
> We need to do some sleuthing here.
>
> Please try to open your data with a more current version of the IDV. Please:
>
> 1. Update to a current version of the IDV (2.9u3).
>
> 2. If 1 does not work, get the IDV from the nightly builds
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp) and try gain.
>
> Keep us up to date on your progress.

If you are loading the dataset from the motherlode radar server, you need to
wait a few more days. The fixed is in the nightly release, but the TDS server
has not been updated yet.  So, you can only try the local datasets.

Yuan

> [...]
> > j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> > Description of problem: Creating obs
> > 4026240
> >
> > When selecting a remote level 2 radar source and attempting to display a
> > reflectivity volume scan I am frequently encountering this error,  this has
> > always worked flawlessly in the past and now it throughs this error for at
> > least half the radars I try at any given time.  Oddly it also occurs on all
> > versions of IDV.  Have they changing something in the way in the way that
> > the level 2 data is transmitted?
> >
> > ******************
> > Stack trace:
> > java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4026240
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarAdapter.getVolume(CDMRadarAdapter.java:3938)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarAdapter.getData(CDMRadarAdapter.java:1741)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.radar.RadarDataSource$2.run(RadarDataSource.java:496)
> > at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:273)
> > at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:245)
> > at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:212)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.data.radar.RadarDataSource.getDataInner(RadarDataSource.java:509)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.getData(DataSourceImpl.java:2235)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.DirectDataChoice.getData(DirectDataChoice.java:332)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.DataChoice.getData(DataChoice.java:637)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:239)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.DataInstance.getData(DataInstance.java:203)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridDataInstance.init(GridDataInstance.java:202)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridDataInstance.<init>(GridDataInstance.java:159)
> > at ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridDataInstance.<init>(GridDataInstance.java:140)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.GridDisplayControl.doMakeDataInstance(GridDisplayControl.java:299)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.initializeDataInstance(DisplayControlImpl.java:3037)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.setData(DisplayControlImpl.java:3019)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.ColorRadarVolumeControl.setData(ColorRadarVolumeControl.java:327)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.ColorRadarVolumeControl.init(ColorRadarVolumeControl.java:185)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1299)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1000)
> > at
> > ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:979)
> > at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:904)
> > at ucar.unidata.util.Misc$3.run(Misc.java:1096)

Ticket ID: CPN-830214