[IDV #HLG-286525]: data server near-realtime COSMIC netCDF dataset

> Hi Support-
>
> I really like the examples of COSMIC located at
> RAMADDA<http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/RAMADDA+Examples/Sounding+Data/COSMIC+Data?entryid=68a0ac4c-b174-4ec6-b107-a7ca5f0c5727>.
>  Is there a data server near-realtime COSMIC netCDF dataset?

Hi Tyn,
    The answer is no to your question. The COSMCI datasets is restricted. You
can ask for the near realtime data from COSMIC through the LDM/IDD, and then
setup a RAMADDA server to serve the dataset. As the restriction applies, you
need to be very careful and not serve the data to public without their consent.

Yuan
> Cheers, Tyn
> Visualization and data sharing of COSMIC radio occultation dataset
> Ho,
> Y.<http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/author_form?author=Ho,+Y&fullauthor=Ho,%20Y.&charset=UTF-8&db_key=PHY>;
>  Weber, W.
> J.<http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/author_form?author=Weber,+W&fullauthor=Weber,%20W.%20J.&charset=UTF-8&db_key=PHY>;
>  Chastang,
> J.<http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/author_form?author=Chastang,+J&fullauthor=Chastang,%20J.&charset=UTF-8&db_key=PHY>;
>  Murray,
> D.<http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/author_form?author=Murray,+D&fullauthor=Murray,%20D.&charset=UTF-8&db_key=PHY>;
>  McWhirter,
> J.<http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/author_form?author=McWhirter,+J&fullauthor=McWhirter,%20J.&charset=UTF-8&db_key=PHY>;
>  Integrated Data
> Viewer<http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/author_form?author=Integrated+Data+Viewer&fullauthor=Integrated%20Data%20Viewer&charset=UTF-8&db_key=PHY>
> American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2010, abstract #IN11A-1074
> Visualizing the trajectory and the sounding profile of the COSMIC netCDF
> dataset, and its evolution through time is developed in Unidata's Integrated
> data Viewer (IDV). The COSMIC radio occultation data is located in a remote
> data server called RAMADDA, which is a content management system for earth
> science data. The combination of these two software packages provides a
> powerful visualization and analysis tools for sharing real time and archived
> data for research and education. In this presentation we would like to
> demonstrate the development and the usage of these two software packages.
>

> ________________________________
> Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
> University of Twente
> Chamber of Commerce: 501305360000
>
> E-mail disclaimer
> The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for
> the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to
> the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and
> inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or
> omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a
> result of e-mail transmission.

Ticket ID: HLG-286525
Department: Support IDV