[IDV #LMW-673348]: Ocean glider data open as Track file problem

> This is a more "generic" NCML. The only thing that I need to change is the
> location of the file an then is able to open it in IDV.
>
> I am searching how to add NCML in the IDV and I don't see how can you point
> me to some instructions?

Hi Matias,
You can create a plugin that defines a new data source that will open your ncml
and use it for any selected file. Attached is an example jar plugin that has
another ncml file.

Unjar the file.
Change your ncml above so your location is an attribute with a macro:
<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";
location="%location%">
Change the datasource.xml in the example to point to your ncml file:
     ncmltemplate="/example.ncml"
Just jar up the 2 files and install it as your plugin.

By the way - you can take this same template ncml file and add it as an
attachment to your data files in RAMADDA (or to a ancestor folder with
inherit=true) and RAMADDA will use this ncml template when opening up the data
files for opendap, etc.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: LMW-673348
Department: Support IDV