[IDV #VTX-233380]: wind barbs do not scale correctly

> Rebonjour -
>
> With Don's support I have been able to get a new build and have now
> tested the wind barbs.
>
> Using full spatial resolution the barbs scale now much better, though I
> have to go down to a factor of 1 for a typical wind wind field. So,
> there is now lee way to make them even smaller. I would suggest that you
> blow down the vector by a factor of 2 to 4, 3 say.

In the test I ware running, I had the same feeling. But, this will change the
expect behavior
of existing bundles and this is not what we like to see.

> For data thinning the "Skip XY" still does not work. It issues "sample
> do not form a valid grid".

The RUC grid file I was testing on, the "skip xy" was working ok, maybe you can
upload a sample
file of yours.

> Thus, the only method to spatially thin the data set is thorugh the
> stride tab. However, when thinning this way IDV falls back to the giant
> vectors we have had before.

I can not reproduce this. The stride and skip sent back the same result.

Yuan
> All said I hope we are almost there, HP
>
> On 2011-02-03 04:03, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Bonjour HansPeter,
> >
> > Please checkout the nightly build version of the IDV (the nightly builds
> > happen at ~8UTC). Let us know if the wind barbs behave as you expect.
> >
> > Thanks for your input.
> >
> > -Julien

> >> HP,
> >>
> >> Thanks for submitting this bug report, I will fix it after the AMS.
> >>

> >> Yuan
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: VTX-233380
> > Department: Support IDV