[IDV #LDZ-162550]: dynamic blue marble doesn't work

Hi Don.

According to http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/

"This server no longer provides full WMS services for any of the datasets.
Furthermore, the MODIS daily mosaics are no longer being updated. The tiled WMS
access, described in the Tiled WMS and Google Earth KML support will stay
operational. This includes access to the archived of MODIS daily mosaics, which
were built from 2006 to the end of 2010."

I guess the question is, can "tiled WMS access" serve as a replacement?

-Julien

> The dynamic blue marble background image no longer works.  It pops an error:
>
> Error accessing image with the url:
> http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?version=1.1.1&request=GetMap&Styles=&format=image%2Fpng&SRS=EPSG:4326&CRS=EPSG:4326&Layers=modis&BBOX=-180.0,-22.0,180.0,80.0&width=592&height=600&reaspect=false
> Error:
> This server no longer provides full WMS services!
>
> See if there is a replacement before making a release.
>
> Don
> --
> Don Murray
> NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CIRES