[IDV #CQF-979333]: export satellite image to netcdf

> I'm not sure if you have time to revisit this, but I thought I'd ask
> since perhaps other people are back from Christmas break.  You were
> right: it can take a very long time to cut-and-paste.  You warned me
> about this earlier, but when I first tried it, it took less than 5
> seconds.  I don't know if my test case was adequately sized, or if I
> passed some threshold, but it took about half an hour for one
> cut-and-paste action.  And that just one of 2000 or so times.  Is there
> any other way to get out the lat and lon information from the satellite
> image?

Hi David,
      The answer is yes. To it you need to: first save the image to a nc grid
file, and then load the nc file back to the IDV and use the "Formulas > Export
> Export Grid to Excel" in the Field Selector to create the excel file with
lat/lon.

> I've done a variety of things.  I tried a jython function on the IDV
> webpage
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/JythonLib.html
> called|extractLatitudeFromNWPGrid|.   I was able to extract the latitude
> of each pixel in the satellite image, but I could not figure out how to
> extract longitudes.  I tried the command "extractLongitudeFromNWPGrid",
> but it doesn't seem to exist.  Oddly there is no corresponding jython
> function for longitude...

No, the extract function for longitude is no there. I think extract latitude
function is a side product of creating coriolis grid.

Yuan

> > Hi David.
> >
> > Dashboard -->  Field Selector Tab  -->  Displays Panel -->  General -->
> > Grid Table -->  Create Display
> >
> > This action will produce a data table.
> >
> > Copy and paste your data into a text file.
> >
> > -Julien
> >
> >> Thanks for the heads up about PTO.   Here's an .xidv file.
> >>
> >> Have a good vacation!

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: CQF-979333
> > Department: Support IDV