[IDV #YKZ-778690]: creating plugin for a derived formula

Bonjour HansPeter.

I agree completely with your comments about the documentation. I am hoping that
we will have some new hires to work on the IDV shortly (we are somewhat
understaffed), and one of there first tasks will be to review the documentation
and the workshop material.

If I understand correctly, you resolved this issue via method 2.

Do you have outstanding or additional concerns?

Cordialement.

-Julien

> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.9u2 build date:@DATE@
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9u2\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi -
>
> I have created a derived formula but have encountered some diffculty in
> creating a plugin from it. I tried 2 methods.
>
> 1. Direct export by right clicking on the formula in the Fields
> widget. does not transport all the information  given in the Derived tab
> in the Formula Editor, e.g. Parameter Groups and Categories are missing.
>
> 2. Using the Create Plugin tool and picking derived.xml (see
> attachment. This works (e.g. it contains Parameter Groups and Catgories)
> but you have to know that the "For End user" box has to be ticked in the
> Derived tab of the Formula Editor. I have tried to find documentation
> about this box to no avail.
>
> IMHO the creation of plugin for derived formulae needs some brush up at
> the procedural and of Users' Guide level.
>
> HP

Ticket ID: YKZ-778690
Department: Support IDV