[IDV #MWJ-718630]: Subtracting MM5-CCSM grid from NARR

Unfortunately, I may not be able to look into this in great depth this
afternoon or tomorrow (time is very limited currently.)

This is a shot in the dark and probably not very useful but check out this
screencast

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/Unidata/Staff/Julien+Chastang/Screen+cast/AvgLayer.mov?entryid=7cc013c5-bee6-4dd8-8f42-f7462f205724

It describes how to work with formulas (e.g differences, averages, etc.) within
the IDV. It may give you some hints.

-Julien

Ticket ID: MWJ-718630