[IDV #CXQ-253146]: IDV question

Hi Emily.

I have made a screencast for you showing everything I have done:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/get/emily.mov?entryid=56b024de-7226-42fc-9b12-fcc9cb2814dd

If the movie appears cut off at the top, right click on the movie as it is
playing and you should be able to save it on your computer and play it from
there.

Let me know how it goes.

-Julien

> Hi Emily.
>
> Make sure you have a field selected in the Dashboard --> Field Selector -->
> Fields panel.
>
> But before you do that, in order to export to Excel you are going to have to
> subset your data a bit. The netcdf file in question is quite voluminous. In
> order to do that, follow the steps below, but instead of where it says
> "Export Grid to Excel" choose "Export Grid to netcdf". Therein you will have
> the option is subset your data both spatially and temporally. Reload the
> sub-setted netcdf file you have just created, and export that one to Excel
> with the instructions below.
>
> Clear as mud? This was the only way I got the export to Excel working.
>
> -Julien
>

> > I keep getting an error message that no data is selected when I try to
> > export grid to Excel.
> > address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Hi Emily.
> > >
> > > Field Selector --> Data --> Formulas --> Export --> Export Grid to Excel
> > >
> > > If I understand your question correctly,
> > >
> > > Field Selector --> Data --> Formulas --> Grids --> Time Steps --> Average
> > Time Steps
> > >

> > > -Julien

> > create

> > > Ticket Details