[IDV #JHM-641809]: wind barbs and text point data

> Glad you can confirm the problem.  No, I am not doing anything special
> to display the wind barbs.  The wind barbs usually appear the first time
> I try to display them after starting IDV.    If I try to display again,
> they all turn to calm.
>
> Don't know if this is related, but even when the wind barbs are
> displayed, it's only a small fraction of the total number that should be
> displayed.   They should almost all have wind barbs.
>
> --Dave

Hi Dave,
       I would like you to do one test for me, not sure how many point is the
current csv file, could you cut the number down to something like 100 points
and try again. I have the feeling this is somehow related to the size of the
point data too big.

Yuan
> > Dave,
> >
> > Thanks for the bundle. I can confirm the problems you see.
> >
> > Out of curiosity are you doing anything "special" to display the wind
> > barbs? When I display the wind barbs directly from the csv file, I only see
> > circles (no wind barbs).
> >
> > -Julien
> >

> >> Yes, I'd be happy to.  Here's a bundle.   To reproduce the problem,
> >> create a Point Data Plot and change the layout from Location to
> >> something with wind barbs (e.g. Winds).  Initially, IDV displays a
> >> couple wind barbs.  Then if you zoom in and zoom out again, all wind
> >> barbs are gone.  All that is left are white circles (indicating calm
> >> winds).
> >>
> >> -- Dave

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: JHM-641809