[IDV #TER-588579]: feet meters altitude flight track KML

Hi David,

I am able to confirm your problem.

IDV support for KML/KMZ files is somewhat inconsistent.

For the time being, would it be possible to convert your KML files into the
correct units before reading into the IDV?

-Julien

> Full Name: David ahijevych
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.9u2 - build Nov. 4
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware: 32-bit
> Description of problem: I hate to have 2 pending questions, but here's
> another one.
> When I open the attached KML file (from the PREDICT field catalog--it is
> flight track info from the NCAR GV aircraft), IDV assumes the altitude is in
> meters, when it is really in feet. Viewing the KML in a text editor, I see
> that the units are clearly labeled "feet", but perhaps the KML format is
> wrong in some other way. It was created in EOL.

Ticket ID: TER-588579