[IDV #HIC-347151]: IDV v.2.9u1: National radar mosaic

Hi Dave.

Tom & I looked at your bundle and we can visualize the data with no problems.
We strongly suspect a memory issue on your IDV instance. Have you tried
increasing memory allocated to the IDV?

Alternatively, you can try to spatially subset your data under Field Selector
--> Right Click on Data Source --> Spatial Subset tab. Try a different stride.

Let us know if this helps or if you need additional information.

-Julien

> On Nov 8, 2010, at 12:07 PM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> > I am not seeing the attached bundle in question. Could you try again?
> >
> Julien,
>
> Sorry about that! Should be attached now.
>
> -- Dave
>

> >> Yuan and/or Julien,
> >>
> >> Does the IDV display national radar mosaic data in GRIB2 format? I just
> >> started getting these files and tried to display one of them using IDV
> >> v2.9u1 running under Mac OS X v10.6.4, but without success.
> >>
> >> I told the IDV that the source is a GRID file (netCDF/GRIB/..). The IDV
> >> correctly recognized the one field in the file ("Base_reflectivity @
> >> surface") and the time (a single time, down to the minute), and when I
> >> specified a color-filled or color-shaded plan view, the IDV chose the
> >> DbZ(NWS) color table with a range from 0 to 80. This is all very promising.
> >>
> >> However, after spending a while loading the data (the file is almost 3 MB
> >> in size), the resulting display is...blank. I can't seem to coax anything
> >> out of it.
> >>
> >> Am I missing something?
> >>
> >> I've attached a bundle that reproduces what I tried. The data are
> >> accessible via our RAMADDA server.
> >>
> >> -- Dave
> >>

> >> ****************************************************************
> >> *                                      |         __ __    \|/  *
> >> *   Dr. Dave Dempsey                   | )   ^  /|| ||\  --0-- *
> >> *   Dept. of Geosciences               |) ) ^  / ||_|| \  /|\  *
> >> *   San Francisco State University     | ) )  /  | _ |  \      *
> >> *   1600 Holloway Ave.                 |)   )/   || ||   \     *
> >> *   San Francisco, CA   94132          | )   )   ||_||    \    *
> >> *                                      |)  ) )   | _ |     \   *
> >> *   Phone:  (415) 338-7716             |  )   )  || ||      \  *
> >> *   Email:  address@hidden   |  )  )  )  ~  ~   ~ ~  *
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: HIC-347151
> > Department: Support IDV