[IDV #EDC-667340]: MADIS Integrated Mesonet Historical Data - Load Error

> Yes, this is for a different dataset - surface observations are in these
> files. A sample file has been uploaded ("20070608_1500") for your review.
> Thank you!
>
> Laura

Hi Laura,
     I checked the file you uploaded, it worked ok with "netcdf/gempak point
data". However, this dataset is very big, you better subset the the data before
create the display, I have 4G memory allocated to the IDV and it reached the
max. This probably explain the froze problem in your machine.

Yuan

> > I cannot successfully load integrated mesonet netCDF files (downloaded
> > directly from the MADIS database) into the IDV and received an error
> > message. When loading the files in Data Choosers under General then Files,
> > I chose the data source type of "netCDF/GEMPAK Point data". This is the
> > same process that I used for the MADIS metar netCDF files.
> >
> > Also, the Submit Support Form option accompanying this problem's error
> > message prompt is not functioning for me and froze the program.
> >
> > Please let me know what you find out about these issues following the
> > Unidata Training sessions.
> >
> > Laura
> >

> Laura,
>
> I am guessing you that you were talking about another kind of dataset, not
> madis profiler dataset. If so, please upload a sample file here:
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
>
> I will take a look after the workshop.
>
> Yuan
>
> Ticket Details