[IDV #JKJ-714046]: Do satellites considered the Coriolis effect in meteorological analysis?

Hi Luis,

re:
1. The satellites considered the Coriolis effect, in meteorological
analysis?

All of the NOAA models contain full physics implementations.  The Coriolis
force is one of the most basic parameters included, so it would be
unimaginable that it would not be part of the GFS scheme.

I am puzzled by your reference to satellites, however.  The water runoff
data you are referring to is model output; it is not a satellite-observed
field.  If you are really asking about satellites, then the answer to
your question would be no, the satellites are simply measuring reflected
light (visible) or black body radiation.  The Coriolis force is not relevant
to the measurements.  Of course, it is relevant to the interpretation of the
measurements.

Ticket ID: JKJ-714046
Department: Support IDV