[IDV #YDG-264534]: Visualising GRIB2

> Hallo
>
> I am using IDV 2.9u1 to visualise GRIB2 files obtained from the NOAA
> WAFS Internet File Service (WIFS) and the UK SADIS FTP server.
>
> In both cases I can open some files and not others. In particular when
> attempting to open files containing the trial forecasts of CAT, icing
> and in-cloud turbulence I get a "NullPointerException" error. However
> the trial forecasts of CBs work just fine.
>
> Can you please tell me whether this is because the relevant parameter
> tables are missing or whether I am doing something wrong? If the former,
> are there plans to include the appropriate tables?

Hi Matt,
    It is the problem of missing index table, the IDV may not be able to
include all the important index tables in its release, however, the user can
add the index table, here is the userguide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/data/GribTables.html

If you know which table this grib2 requires, you can create one and add it in
your local machine.

Yuan

> I have attached copies of a CAT file which I can't open and a CB file
> which I can open.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Matt
>
> Dr Matthew Ruglys CMet FRMetS