[IDV #AOT-741707]: creating a movie with an isl script

Hi, Bill

> I did generate the images and movie, just not as large as I wanted.
> However, this is okay
> because I am developing the code to run on another pc where I have more
> resources.
> I was able to debug the isl script.
>
> Yes, the movie is as I expect. Thanks for looking at it and finding it
> interesting. I will
> tweak the bundle later.
>
> I thought that the IDV used opengl by default, however, my error
> message suggested
> that it was using directx.

If you are running the IDV (out of the box) via the IDV.bat command, I would
agree with this statement. You must explicitly choose to run the IDV with
Direct3D, and OpenGL is by default. I also agree you are running the IDV with
Direct3D. If you did not change the IDV.bat script to explicitly use Direct3D
there is a bit of a mystery here for me. I would be curious to know what would
happen if you were to start the IDV with the "-Dj3d.rend=ogl" command line
option to explicitly choose OpenGL (jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Dj3d.rend=ogl -jar
idv.jar).

 My problem seems to be a lack of ram (and my
> graphics
> memory is shared), but I would update opengl and/or directx if it might
> help.

Since you are currently running the IDV with Direct3D, an update may be worth a
shot.

-Julien

 Do you

Ticket ID: AOT-741707