[IDV #ZRG-103304]: Converting between knots and m/s with flow vectors

> > Hi Yuan,
> > The barbs indicate winds twice stronger than the data shows.
> > If you look at the location of the cross, it reads 21.7 and 9.6 knots. This
> > translates well to the contours in the background (12.2 m/sec).
> >
> > But, the barb shows 45 knots, as if IDV calculated the speed in knots
> > (~23.7) and converted again to knots, giving ~46.
> >
> > I am using IDV2.9 on WinXP.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ilan
>
> Hi Ilan,
> I think you are right, the u component is no larger than 26.4 knot, and v is
> no larger than 15.2, the IDV should not display anything larger 30 in the
> wind barb. I will check to see what is wrong.

Hi Ilan,
        There is some difference between "Make flow vectors from grid relative
u and v data" and "Make flow vectors from u and v data", I believe you were
using the later one, if you choose the other one, it should get the correct
result.

Yuan

> Yuan
> >

> > 9.