[IDV #GRJ-802576]: float tracks in idv

> > Hi again Yuan,
> >
> > I found a web page for the GEON IDV which includes other float track
> > examples:
> >
> > http://geon.unavco.org/unavco/IDV_datasource_track.html
> >
> > I tried their netcdf examples, and found they did not work on IDVv2.9.
> > For example, the following does not work:
> >
> > http://geon.unavco.org/unavco/track/IDV_sample_track_data_for_animal.nc
> >
> > Hope this new bit of evidence is helpful
> >
> > Best,
> > Al Hermann
>
> Albert,
> The problem is that our CDM library no longer recognize this dataset as the
> TRAJECTORY. I transferred this support ticket to another group to fix it.
Albert,
      After checking this dataset, I will have to say this dataset is in very
bad shape. I doubted you can open it in the earlier version IDV.  Three major
issues here: 1) lat/lon has a lot missing values, 2) additional dimension
DRIFTER1_10, 3)no convention.
Here is some information you should reference:

https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/PointObservationConventions

The dataset in the GEON link can be workable after adding some attributes.

Yuan

> John, the sample file is under /testdata/trajectory/testfloat10.nc.
>
> Yuan

> > > Albert,
> > >     Could you upload a sample file:
> > >
> > > http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload