[IDV #ZFJ-963133]: Front drawing problem

Hi Bill-

> Full Name: bill fingerhut
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8\jre version: 1.6.0_17
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: This bundle used to work. Same error in version 2.9 .
>
> Error loading bundle: C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\My Documents\Aptiva
> Documents\IDV\NEradarTchgV1c.xidv
> k = 1 i = 866702

I think this was caused by a bad front file.  It seems to be working for me
again.  I put in some code to trap the error, so it should not abort the whole
bundle - you'll just have some missing fronts if they are bad.

Don
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> visad.VisADError: k = 1 i = 866702
> at ucar.visad.display.FrontDrawer.resample_curve(FrontDrawer.java:1754)
> at ucar.visad.display.FrontDrawer.robustCurveToFront(FrontDrawer.java:1373)
> at ucar.visad.display.FrontDrawer.makeFront(FrontDrawer.java:1350)
> at ucar.visad.display.FrontDrawer.setCurve(FrontDrawer.java:1207)
> at ucar.visad.display.FrontDrawer.setDisplayMaster(FrontDrawer.java:1189)
> at
> ucar.visad.display.CompositeDisplayable.setDisplayMaster(CompositeDisplayable.java:385)
> at
> ucar.visad.display.CompositeDisplayable.setDisplayMaster(CompositeDisplayable.java:385)
> at ucar.visad.display.DisplayMaster.setDisplayables(DisplayMaster.java:745)
> at ucar.visad.display.DisplayMaster.addDisplayable(DisplayMaster.java:720)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager.addDisplayInfo(ViewManager.java:4119)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager.addDisplayInfos(ViewManager.java:4071)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.MapViewManager.addDisplayInfos(MapViewManager.java:2385)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.insertDisplayables(DisplayControlImpl.java:6334)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1055)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.initAfterUnPersistence(DisplayControlImpl.java:1273)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.initAfterUnPersistence(DisplayControlImpl.java:1177)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager$18.run(IdvPersistenceManager.java:3674)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:273)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:245)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager.runSequentially(ThreadManager.java:223)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.instantiateFromBundle(IdvPersistenceManager.java:3684)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager.decodeXmlInner(IdvPersistenceManager.java:3036)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IdvPersistenceManager$11.run(IdvPersistenceManager.java:2858)

Ticket ID: ZFJ-963133
Department: Support IDV