[IDV #GEB-192297]: Overlay Multiple Soundings on one Skew-T Diagram

> Hi,
> Well the main reasoning for wanting to do so is for comparison
> purposes. I am currently working on a project where we would like to
> verify vertical profiles in pre-convective environments between
> observations and forecast models. Since IDV can compute CAPE, CIN, and
> other indices it would be nice to have an overlay to better understand
> and see the differences between forecasts and observations. Basically to
> see why forecast don't resolve some things that are observed.

In this situation, one data source is observation and the other is calculated
from model output, the Skew-Ts are in the different control windows, it is very
difficult to put these two Skew-Ts in the same diagram. You can have two
different windows and do the comparison.

Yuan

> Thanks

> >> Hi,
> >> I am wondering if IDV is able to display multiple soundings on one
> >> Skew-T Diagram? If so, what are the steps in doing so?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> > Graylen,
> >        The answer is no, not sure if this feature is desired in our
> > community. Could you provide a reason of doing so and its applicable
> > situation? We maybe able to add it to our to do list.
> >

> > Yuan
> >> --
> >> Graylen Boone
> >> SOARS, MMM