[IDV #VJY-646185]: Extracting data

> Full Name: Edward
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello, I'd like to use your program to extract data from nc files in
> order to export them to excell but I'm having trouble figuring out how
> to do so. I don't know how to view data in table form as opposed to
> graph. Knowing that would help but if there's a way to simply export to
> excell or simple text form directly that would be better.
>
> thanks!

Edward,
      If the nc data is the point data type and can be recognized by the IDV,
you should be able to export to the excell or CSV format. In the Displays list,
there is a option called "Point Data List", select this and click create
Display, it will bring up a tab window with the table of the point data, if you
require extra fields, you can click the Select Fields button and add more
variable, after that, File > Save > Export tabel to CSV is what you want to do.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VJY-646185
Department: Support IDV