[IDV #DHS-858869]: Deepwater Horizon and IDV

Hi CJ,
This is Jeff. I'm glad we're able to work with you.

> > IDV questions: for Deepwater Horizon simulations
> > 1.  Is there a configuration that allows more particles?  We're having
> > problems with more than 100-200, and that seems consistent on our
> > machines.  Maybe not on yours?  We're going to need a few thousand.
>
> What display type are you using for this?  Jeff has been playing around with
> a point cloud control which might be useful to you.

Are you using point data? Are there lots of times? Can you send us your data
file?

As Don mentioned I am doing work with point cloud data and a new point cloud
display. This doesn't have the richness of display (just colored dots) that the
point observation displays can have but it performs much better with lots of
points.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: DHS-858869
Department: Support IDV