[IDV #TAC-220240]: METAR station model size changes when projection changes

Kevin-

> This is one of those curious problems that doesn't happen every time,
> but it does happen . . .

This is one that Jeff was supposed to fix before he leaves, but I guess Yuan
will have to look into it. ;-)

> Scenario:  display METAR station model for a particular area (e.g.
> Europe).  Then, change projection to a different region (e.g.
> Australia).  Each displayed station's METAR size will change (in this
> case, shrink to a very small, unreadable size).  If I save to a bundle
> with the new area and then reopen IDV and load the bundle, things will
> display normally.
>
> The general pattern is:  change to an area that is larger (smaller) than
> original area:  size of METAR staion plot will shrink (grow).
>
> Sound familiar at all?  Any ideas?

All too familiar.  If you hit the Apply button on the scale widget in the
control, they should return to normal size.  You'll also see funky scaling
issues if you zoom in on an area and redisplay data or change the autosize
option for flow vectors.

It's a tricky but that we've never really figured out how to solve, despite
repeated attempts.  The Apply button is a good workaround for now.

Don

Ticket ID: TAC-220240
Department: Support IDV