[IDV #RCW-122610]: question on connecting to servers

> Hello. I'm trying use some of the Satallite, Radar, and Observations data
> that comes with the IDV. I've tried connecting to a bunch of the servers,
> but I keep getting a "Error opening connection: java.net.ConnectException:
> Operation timed out" (adde.ucar.edu, idd.unl.edu,  EUMETSAT all gave me this
> issue). Is there something wrong with any of these servers? I'm guessing
> this issue is on my end (some port is blocked or something) but I want to
> confirm that these servers are working before I complain to the network
> guys.
>
> Thanks,
> Katie

Katie,
       Foe the ADDE server you need to have the permission to port 112, and
THREDDS data server you need 8080 port.
If you don't have the user id and password, don't try to connect to the
EUMETSAT.

Here is the information on the IDV FAQ site:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Faq.html#firewall

It also has other useful information you can reference in the future.

Yuan

Ticket ID: RCW-122610
Department: Support IDV