[IDV #PXN-354901]: Java heap space error with netCDF file

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the help. I tried setting the stride equal to every tenth
> point, and I don't receive the "Java heap space" error, but the data
> still doesn't display...all I see is a blank black background with a
> white square. It appears the data is loading. Are there any additional
> settings I need to make to allow the data to display?
>
> Jason

Jason,
       There is a bug in the projection apis in our 2.8u1 release, we just
fixed it and you should be able to download a nightly build tomorrow. That
should fix the problem of displaying. Here is the URL:

"http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp";

Yuan

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> >> Full Name: Jason Levit
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 2.8u1 build date:2010-02-02 22:30 UTC
> >> Operating System: Linux
> >> Hardware: Java: home: /eee/users/Jason.Levit/IDV_2.8u1/jre version:
> >> 1.6.0_17 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> >> Description of problem: Creating display: Contour Plan View
> >> Java heap space
> >>
> >> I was attempting to display netCDF data sets available from:
> >>
> >> http://ngen-cospa.wx.ll.mit.edu/atomfeeds/cospaDataFeed.atom
> >>
> >> Whenever I attempt to display these, I receive a "Java heap space" error,
> >> and the data
> >> cannot be displayed.
> >>
> > Jason,
> >       The dataset is very big, you need to subset the data. The variable
> > Echo Top has the dimension 3520 X 5120 and the type is double, if you can
> > subset it by setting the stride of x, y dimension to every tenth point, it
> > will display.
> >

> > Yuan
>

> --
> Jason J. Levit                  Techniques Development Meteorologist
> address@hidden       DOC/NOAA/NWS/NCEP Aviation Weather Center
> 816/584-7241(O) 816/728-1226(C)          http://aviationweather.gov/

Ticket ID: PXN-354901
Department: Support IDV